The Final Act

Home Forums In-Play Forums The Message Tree The Final Act

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    DirgeDirge
    Participant

Against my better judgement, I am placing this confession here, to bear the scrutiny of the town:

As many of you have probably seen, I have been visited in recent Gathers by several strangers, bearing strange gifts. As several of you may have guessed, it is closely linked to the new world of Polychromethea; to Louise, now the Dramaturge, and the Farrago. Finally, as many of you may have feared, it all hinges on me.
    The fallen enemy known only as the Farrago has returned, though far weaker than before. His followers have become rabid, snarling and gnashing their teeth in a frenzy to fill his seat of power. They seek relics of his former station: the glasses with which I absconded years ago; and the sword, which, upon his defeat, transformed to a simple drawing on paper — and ended up in the stores of Sanctuary, that I would then reclaim when Sanctuary became mine to control.
    Their world is new, and vibrant, and unstable. The Troika — comprised of the Dramaturge, the Troubador, and the Artist — have built a paradise for their people, but in their folly have left the balance of power unchecked, and tilted severely in their favor. A power vacuum would be disastrous. It may well be that we will be forced to return the items belonging to the Farrago to those loyal to him, and allow him to ascend to power so that the world can achieve harmony. I will ask for your patience in this matter, and I ask for your trust.

The Famed, Witty, and Wonderful Bard

Frank OrtizFrank Ortiz
    Participant

I think that giving bad people powerful items is maybe a poor decision.

DirgeDirge
    Participant

It’s too late, Theo; I already have the items.

That….that was an attempt at humor, everyone.

Ebony NoblesEbony Nobles
    Participant

Trust you? Asking a lot from a town you yourself don’t seem to trust.

DirgeDirge
    Participant

Your point is well-made, and I accept it, Arrowwood: we have forgotten how to trust each other. Your miraculous rescue from the clutches of the Complex is proof we have forgotten how to trust. Had we believed in the abilities of one another, we wouldn’t have panicked, and you and Aurelia wouldn’t have been lost in the first place.

Ebony NoblesEbony Nobles
    Participant

We? I trusted you, was a friend to you, and enjoyed your company right up to the moment my minty and I stayed behind. You have little to zero trust in an entire town it seems. Perhaps you should you need to do some soul searching?

DirgeDirge
    Participant

You didn’t “stay behind”. It is a misnomer to call it that. A vengeful force that was guiding our hand saw our cowardice, frowned, and ensured that we would have a reason to return. You were captured and held for ransom.
    Your minty believed we had a duty to enter that compound, and we failed to muster the courage. Cowardice in our ranks rendered people incapable of rising to the challenge. Mistrust in each other’s abilities is what let the fear turn our hearts.

We panicked, we wasted a charge on a vortex, and in the end we still had to return to that place to rescue the two of you.

I use that example as justification against the accusation you level against me: I don’t trust anyone in this town.
    Should I? You may answer if you so choose; it matters not.

In what do you trust?

Ebony NoblesEbony Nobles
    Participant

I trust town as a whole… I haven’t been given any other reason not to. I trust my Minty.
    Enoch–Before you returned that night the town as a whole was ready to go. YES it was a choice to be the last ones to stay. Defiance I do not view as cowards. I view YOU as the coward. YOUR ACTIONS were THE CAUSE of the late departure! That is what I know as fact. I’m done with you Enoch. I trust Defiance. I do not trust you anymore, I do not view you as a friend. I view you as an enemy to the town I care about.

You are being so selfish. You want us to trust you and you STILL won’t tell us anything. You haven’t given us a reason, and even if you do, you’re still probably hiding stuff. I will not aid you in anything unless town as a whole wishes to aid you.

You no longer exist to me.

Priscilla WeberPriscilla Weber
    Participant

I do not speak for Defiance, but I will speak for myself.

Enoch, I will talk about this in person. Do not be late.

Khai

--------
    All posts before 8/1/19 are written by Aurelia, Former Lord Commander of the Duskwatch Legion, the last Soldier of the Dark Mountains

NimueNimue
    Participant

Citizen of Defiance,

I am sorry for my late arrival to this session of Let’s See How Far Someone’s Foot Can Go In Their Mouth, I have been quite busy as of lately, between attempting to manage Sweets N Stuff while Arrowood was captive, managing my own business, working with my friends in Boomtown, and also trying to manage this incarnation of myself.

It is quite obvious that Enoch is not as good with words as some of us. This is not meant as an insult, just a comment on the abilities to be a diplomat. I believe that this was his attempt at letting people know of things that are coming this gather and will be happening. I believe this is also his attempt to prepare the town, however please understand that there are metaphysical things at work here that I will be happy to speak about at length at the gather.

To make a long story short, Enoch is trying to make something wrong become right again, but this decision is effecting his personality and ability to be a caring individual, much as the glasses of the Firago basically turned people into assholes the more that they used them. No, Enoch is not using the glasses, but is basically being effected the same way.

I am going to attempt to explain this quickly and efficiently; Polychromethea, just like every world out there needs balance. There are good and not good powers in each world, these powers allow a balance of power that is needed for the world to stay strong and remain as a prime world. Polychromethea has the Troika as the “good” power, but the fight with the Firago here weakened him and he is no longer powerful enough to balance out the power in the world. Enoch has, so to speak, attached himself to the world and is trying to fix the “bad” side in the balance of power. This is effecting him in many ways.

What is important to take from this is that for some time he has been working to SAVE this world and make sure that it remains strong. No, it is not a hero’s tale, but it is necessary. It is as necessary as Cruel 7 Legs is in the Glade or the Nightmares are in the Labyrinth. We may not like those powers, but it is fairly easy to understand how they are necessary on a metaphysical level.

I have been helping him along the way in the choices he has been making and others (should they wish to make themselves known they may and are released from their silence on this matter) have been helping investigate and research what needs be done here.

I ask kindly that you do not hold against him his words here, as the “asshole” attitude has been a side effect of the change going on within him. His view of the world is darker and it’s natural even more now for him to oppose “good”. I do not ask that you aid him, only that you try to understand what is going on and that you don’t hinder what is to come because it is needed to keep Polychromethea a strong and viable world. However, if you are willing to aid him, please let me know. It is going to be a rough gather, but in the end we will strengthen a world and make sure that friends of Defiance who have moved on to their lives there, do not loose what they worked so hard to create.

Nimue

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by NimueNimue.
    Ebony NoblesEbony Nobles
    Participant

No one ever said anything about Nightmares being good for the labyrinth. They’re scary!

OMG Polychormethia is gonna die???

Monsters good for the Glade? No way!

On a more serious note Nimue, I understand that you are contractually obligated to respond as such and act in this manner, but even you can’t surgically remove the foot from the mouth at this point. Asshole or not, the words “I don’t trust town” were spoken from his mouth. No one, nor anything, made him say those words.

129 PARTY!!!

NimueNimue
    Participant

Arrowwood,

You are very correct in that those words cannot be removed, however let me offer you this point;

Metaphysically speaking, good and evil must oppose each other. In the case of Polychromethea, the Troika have the intelligence and understand to understand why there must be a “bad” balance of power, however because of their physical makeup they MUST oppose the “bad” power in their world. They are not capable of not fighting it. It’s very similar to the Light and Dark of the Dark Mountains, they MUST oppose each other because it is in their very metaphysical makeup. Becoming a power such as that takes away some free will because powers such as that are no longer like any of us and have the choice to be be good or bad. They are good. Period. They oppose bad. Period. There is no choice there, they just must do it because of what they are.

The people of Defiance represent “good”. They represent taking the heroic side of things. With what is happening to Enoch, he is naturally starting to oppose “good”. Should he not be affected the way that he is, I do not feel that he would say such things about the town and while the words are harsh and they hurt, in a way it is no different than the way mantle powers are forced to oppose things.

Yes, it is awful, but it is what happens when you do things such as what he is doing. I just ask that you understand that when he went into this venture he had the best of intentions. He wants to save that world and make it strong. The world needed to be fixed. The opposing power to the Troika needed to exist and be strong. He had every respect for Louise. I would not be aiding him in any way if I didn’t know that his intentions and what he is doing is for the overall good of that world. I too enjoyed Louise’s company. We had lovely conversations and before she left, she made for me her last piece of art in the forest. I wrote the words below it because I saw her as a true hero. I would no be supporting him in this if it was not for the fact that I also believe that he is truly doing something good for this world.

It doesn’t make the words sting any less. It doesn’t make what he says right. The words are what they are. They are the words coming from someone who is giving in to darkness to save a world that means a lot to the people in this town. That darkness is making him dark. It’s making him say things the more it takes over. The best thing to do right now is to no longer feed that darkness in him. Don’t argue with him because the more and more people argue, the more chaos it spreads, the more anger that arises. A “bad” world power doesn’t have to be angry and evil. Feeding him that anger will just shape that power more in that side.

My advice is just to ignore him when he says unkind things, no matter how hard it may be and yes, I know it will be hard. I will do what I can to mitigate this. If my time table is right, then this will be the last gather that we will see this and should he be successful, at the end of this gather Polychromethea will be strong and balanced, which is the most important thing in all of this. That world and the people in it mean so much more that back biting words.

Nimue

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by NimueNimue.
    Ebony NoblesEbony Nobles
    Participant

Actions speak louder than words.

NimueNimue
    Participant

Arrowwood,

With all due respect, you do realize that he is being influenced by a world power right?
    If whatever turned you into what you are now influenced you to do things I would not judge you, rather I would try to understand. whether what you did was words or actions and then help you.
    There is a difference between doing something because you are an asshole, and doing something because something is forcing you to do so. It’s no different in my mind than when someone is under the effect if being betrayed and they hit others or yell unkind things. We immediately forgive them. Because they were forced by something else. How is this any different? He has been under this influence for about 2 years.

Frank OrtizFrank Ortiz
    Participant

I’m very confused by this all. but we’re here to oppose evil, and you’re saying that Enoch is being influenced to become that way, to oppose friends of ours in another world…so we should kill him? That would solve the Enoch issue, and Polychromethia has beings that are already bad, just not very strong… so give them more time, right, to perhaps work things out on their own? Some sort of accord reached between the powers of that world?

-Theo

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.