10/30/2017 at 2:19 pm #963Crane OdariKeymaster
I Want to Clarify since This Is Important to some People. Primrose maybe didn’t Exactly say “I am the Best for the Egg”. I Don’t Remember the Exact words She used, and I Don’t want That to be a Reason people get Mad. But it Was Basically that I Shouldn’t Keep It because I might Break it or Something Bad.
Also, Since a Lot of This is My Fault, if Something Bad happens and Quickpetal decides to be Evil (not just Hungry) and Tries to Kill town, I Should Be the one To Stop Her. It Would be Very Sad for Me but Its my Job.
(All posts pre 5.15.18 are from Clover Quickstrike)10/30/2017 at 4:23 pm #964Brian StaggParticipant
Actually….I was there and she did say she was the best for the Egg. She also did say that you shouldn’t keep it because you might break it. So Clover you are right on that part.
But I am digressing here.
To be honest…I am not sure WHO is at fault anymore. Maybe it is all of us? There are certainly enough aspects to keep the finger pointing going for a long while.
Though I stand by my statements – I simply wanted to point out the errors. Maybe it is the Summer in me…and maybe I have become the Jerk you talk about in reference to Summer Clover.
But again this is not me bashing anyone. So let’s move forward here. Let’s look at the major issues we have to deal with this.
1. We have a child/bird that well is…a situation. It is probably easy to say that this situation is going to divide the town in some for or fashion. So that is an issue. To be honest this is one of those ‘how do we work through’ versus ‘let’s get everyone to work together!!’ So the diplomats have at it on this one.
2. Justice. I am just leaving this one as is. When I came to the forest a year ago I heard someone mention that Justice was ‘off’ in some way. Who knows what they meant – that person isn’t here anymore. Hell they could have meant that someone did something in the name of Justice and they didn’t like the result. But if Justice is off kilter or incorrect for the sake of being incorrect….then I would suggest us research people put our collective heads together and figure it out.
3. The Lion. I am with Demetri. He asked a question and no one really has answered it. WHY did Aktosh not kill the Lion? What did Justice say to him that made him do what he did? Can anyone answer that? Or are we going to be living in blissful ignorance and forget about it and not research it and let it bite us later? Did anyone on the front line hear the reasoning? Or has it been lost in the translations here and someone said it. I heard someone say I think ‘Justice is testing us…’ or something to that extent? Interesting choice words…and if that is the case and this was said…what makes you think that or what do you know that hasn’t been stated?
4. What Now? Ladies and Gentlemen….the sheer idea of ‘oh we will just fight whatever comes…’ cannot be a solution to all things anymore. We lost two of the best fighters we had last gathering. So we as a town need to really start understanding what everyone is capable of and utilizing us to the full potential.
10/31/2017 at 3:21 pm #966Ryan JosefsbergParticipant
- This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Brian Stagg.
To be clear, the reason he healed it is because Aktosh was told directly by Justice that killing it would be unjust. As he was the living embodiment of Justice at the time, what else could he do? Should I have assaulted the titantically strong/tough embodiment of a priciple? I then offered the cat a deal to walk away and deliver a message to its mother that we spared its life as an act of mercy and that the mother was free to entreat the child and convince her to come back peacefully, because free will. He was not happy, but he doesn’t get a say, according to him. If you’re wondering why Justice said we’re the bad guys here, lets break it down.
1. We stole the egg from its caretakers, killing them in the process. This was a misunderstanding. Pretty sure it was forgivable.
2. When sentient emmissaries came and explained the misunderstanding and asked for the egg as politely as they could, offering us peace if we returned the egg, we killed them too.
3. The many eyed tiger offered to take the egg and leave before we attacked him. I ignored the offer, because I had a feeling I knew what the response would be.
4. There was no actual research done on the Mother of Monsters, her motives, or her abilities, beyond a single investigation of a piece of art, which is a pretty subjective interpretation of reality. All other investigations seem to have been done on the egg and its maturation process.
Unless someone show me notes or scholarship to the contrary, this is what happened. It makes us all look like a bunch of jackasses.
“But she sent monsters to attack us before we found the egg”. Did she? Or are those just nonsentient beasts wandering looking for food. Sure looked like wildlife to me. I’m told someone requested more wildlife form the White City? If someone can confirm that I’d appreciate it.
Also, as a note, as far as I can tell, there is nothing in this multiverse that can’t be killed, so don’t try to scare people with the word “immortal” or “invincible” or “ultimate power”. There’s no such thing. If the Forest stands after The Age of Flesh, The Nightmare Host Apocalypse, Lava Day, and a collision with a antithetical multiverse, it will stand if “Momma gets real strong”. We’re clever enough to survive whatever the hell that actually means.
The long, tall, and short of it is I will not be accepting what Im told unless myself or someone I implicitly trust are in the inquiry. Like…written notes and all. I intend to do an investigation with the other skilled diplomats at our earliest convenience next gather on how to smooth this over. If the entire Empire wasn’t about to be overrun by a demon army I’d handle this myself, but Aurellia has been kind enough to take the lead on this. While the tiger was not interested in words, The Mother might be. After all, the new “child” is free roaming now and has will of its own.
Kur has every right to not want to raise a sword for this. This was foolishness coupled with misinformation. I’m not particularly interested in fighting another giant monster because those who took point on this were more interested in playing house than doing their diligence. Attack my honor if you wish, I have none. I won’t be looking at the tree again, so if you feel you must do the usual point by point “takedown” of my thoughts, sack up and come to me privately. As a note…if I see any member of Defiance threatening to kill another without a great reason, I will simply make you feel bad publicly until you apologize. Not here though, most everything said on this tree is grandstanding nonsense (I GOT JOKES).
-Gust11/01/2017 at 5:55 pm #967Brian StaggParticipant
2. When sentient emissaries came and explained the misunderstanding and asked for the egg as politely as they could, offering us peace if we returned the egg, we killed them too.
Not picking a fight – truthfully asking here. I could have sworn people were saying there was more to this – like the following:
1) The Mother would destroy the egg (Yes that was said…)
2) The Mother would corrupt the egg
3) The egg can sense things…so we must be good and no negativity and it will be good! Followed by people saying that if we gave it to the Mother it would automatically be evil..
4) We would be evil if we gave the egg up.
5) We got threatened…or the egg was threatened and we attacked because the emissaries were a ploy (YES…this was said…)
This is the first I have heard of a misunderstanding – unless the fact we took the egg is the implication of the misunderstanding? But when the emissaries came…not once did I EVER hear the word ‘misunderstanding.’
What else is getting lost in translation -overall speaking I wonder…?11/01/2017 at 9:56 pm #969DirgeParticipant
Quite a bit. Because you are all blithering idiots, questioning something that has already been done. The child is gone, and no amount of diplomatic effort will change that. Focus your energy on the coming year. Winter is upon us, and that usually brings different challenges to us — such as the ability to remain a unified, compassionate town.
The Famed, Witty, and Wonderful Bard11/03/2017 at 7:32 pm #976NimueParticipant
I really cannot quote everyone here, because of my means of getting to the tree, but let me address somethings.
1. Out of the scouting party that went when the egg was found, Prim was the best suited for caring for the egg. If anyone else would have stepped forward and asked to take care of it because they thought they were more suited, she would have handed it over. The only person who expressed interest was Elias and with his dealings with 2 collectors at the time, she did not think it was wise to hand it over to him.
2. There was research done on the egg. It is in the notes that I have posted here. All the research did was clarify the things that we had learned in our investigations and it yielded NO new information what so ever.
3. The first act of violence wasn’t when we took the egg. Someone that has been here longer than me could clarify this, but I’ve been told that the monsters related to the egg IE: the colorful animals (purple pigs, bronze birds, crimson cats, etc) were attacking us long before the egg ever showed up. If the Mother of Monsters wished peace, then she wouldn’t have been sending her descendants to attack us long before the egg ever showed up. This only backs up the fact that she would have come for us anyway and if we would have given her the egg, she would have been more powerful.
4. As far as researching goes, I am doing A LOT of research into things surrounding the Mother of Monsters and Quickpetal. What we know so far from BOTH investigations and research is stated in the notes I have already posted up here. More research is to follow and will be openly shared.
5. There was one another person who researched the egg. I believe this person still doesn’t have access to the tree for some reason and that is probably why they haven’t stepped up. I honestly cannot remember who it was that came up to me and gave me the information that they had researched on the Mother. Yes, it’s my fault that I can’t remember. Things have been very hectic for me.
6. It has been made very clear many times that the choice we made was for the good of Quickpetal as well as this town. Should the Mother of Monsters get a hold of Quickpetal she would gain ultimate power and yes she would have come to our door step anyway.
7. It has NEVER beeen even hinted at that if we returned the egg, the mother would never come to attack us. The only thing we know is that if she obtained the egg she would gain ultimate power and come wreck our faces. In fact, even the divination done showed that the Mother of Monsters would come in a year to destroy us.
8. Don’t forget that the Mother of Monsters literally reached through a divination and KILLED one of our townspeople when we were trying to figure out what the future of the egg was. If she would have wished peace, she could have shown a peaceful action, but instead she chose violence towards someone who hasn’t even been here since the egg was found.
9. As far as rallying people and giving them information, there were many occasions where Prim sat with several people and talked to them about what was going on with the egg and what we had learned. This was done at EVERY gather that she attended. She/I cannot be blamed if anyone chose not to sit and listen when it was being talked about.
As a final note, many of you are acting like you had no chance to talk to Primrose about the egg or ask any questions. I do not know why you feel as though that is true as she would have spoken to any of you at any time about the entire situation, welcome you to read her notes and research, and taken any suggestions that you may have had. I do not understand why there is such malice.
I understand why you may have thought this was a bad idea in the beginning and still find it to be that way now. What I don’t understand is why you find so much mistrust in someone who has been here less than a year and hasn’t even made one of the gathers in her time here. She offered help to all that she could, putting her own research and wants behind that of the needs of others, and still you attack her very character.
Maybe that is one of the reasons I am here now. With that said, I am heading to Autumn. I won’t be around for quite some time, however I will send the results of my research with someone as to keep you all informed about everything. I am a fairy of my word.
I leave you with one final thought as I look back on things that have happened here. There have been SO MANY of you who have fought battles that “weren’t your problem” and that others “thought were a bad idea”. Yet you stood together and trusted one another with very little discourse. Even when Prim was angry about the Conspiracy, she sat down and spoke with Aurelia about it. They talked nicely to one another and worked things out like civil people do. Why is it that the same cannot be done here? Maybe all of the information isn’t known yet. Maybe there wasn’t enough time in 3 gathers for Prim to know everything that needed to be known, but you cannot deny that she tried. Stop trying to look at all the bad in someone and try to see the good that was attempted and what is being done moving forward.
Kodah is right, the arguing needs to stop. People need to treat one another civilly on both sides and talk about what should be done.11/29/2017 at 12:48 am #978Abby PetersonParticipant
I’m glad we’re talking about it. Information is coming out that people didn’t know before.
If we can do this without calling people cowards, idiots, lunatics or oblivious, then I think we’ll keep making progress.
I know that I looked at the art. I feel like a fool now because, of all the people here, I should have had some idea of the bias of an Artist when studying a work of Art. The Artist was afraid of the Mother of Monsters, and so the work implied fear. That doesn’t mean any of the other actions or research was so influenced, but it absolutely means that the research we did with the Art piece was.
To answer you, Gust, yes, I can confirm that one of the requests to the White City Spirit that came to expand on the world was more flora and fauna that was not Progenitor-based. They told stories about the old terror-beaks and rat wolves around Nexus and wanted life like that. I don’t know if some of what we’ve been seeing has anything to do with that. We’d need to ask.
I want us to keep finding out what we can. I want us to make sure that we don’t let other people die, even if we don’t like them. I’m not sure we can come back from doing that.
Harmony doesn’t always mean peace.
It means different parts working together.
Look, I’m crazy tired by a lot of things – but you all know what you’re doing, one way or another. It’s when the light shifts that new colors emerge. It’s when the stone breaks that I can use the pieces to make a mural, like the memorial. Things are going to break because we’re not perfect and the world doesn’t exist in a creepy stasis.
I wasn’t there when the hatching took place, but I heard something that made me proud of you all, even if it was something that wasn’t a tactical choice.
When the question came up that made people pause and ask, “Are we good? Are we doing the right thing?” they veered towards giving a situation a second chance and sparing a life. Yes, it may come back to bite us, but I’d rather that than to know that, when people aren’t sure if they’re doing something good, they take a choice that we can’t come back from.
You’re trying to not cause harm where it is not needed and when you’re not sure, you default to the idea to stop the fighting and look for more answers.
So, I think you’re not doing Harmony bad, actually. Just stop everything that begins with blithering, please?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.