Laroshen, the Complex, and the Warehouse of Lost Things

Home Forums In-Play Forums The Message Tree Laroshen, the Complex, and the Warehouse of Lost Things

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

So, for those of you who weren’t sober enough to remember, we have a bit of an issue with a group of Ounish attempting to basically incorporate the Warehouse into something called the Complex. This is bad because it will give them access to a large amount magical artifacts. We need people to help Dahlia stave off the encroachments.

For those of you who don’t know about the Complex I can’t explain it very well, but liken it to the old flesh with Technomancy. It’s a group of Ounish that seek to bring everything into their paradigm basically. If you don’t know who the Ounish are I’m sorry, but we unfortunately don’t have time for that here.

Bottom line is this: Dahlia needs help keeping the Ounish away from something called “The Index.” Researchers will definitely be helpful here, but other skills may apply too. Last I knew Nadira was heading this, but I wanted to bring it up because it’s important.

-Rakdor

FoD Staff

Participant

Thank you, Rakdor.

Yes, I will be spending some time after this gather helping Dahlia encrypt the Warehouse’s catalogue of items. This will help to get in the way of any Ounish trying to find the most powerful and destructive artifacts first. Please, if you are a scholar, no matter how gifted, if you have any time to spare to this cause it will only help.

Anyone who is a survivalist may also seek out a door into the Complex, which would certainly give us a fighting edge against them. And from what I understand, we will need whatever edge we may get in fighting these foes.

They are powerful, determined, and perhaps the most important testament to their character, *they do not believe we are real people.* They will not care who or what they destroy in this forest so long as they get what they want.

Robert-Sean HarleyRobert-Sean Harley
    Participant

What would we do once we found the door?

Participant

Thanks for the rundown Rakdor. I have two questions for anyone in the know.

First is this index an actual book or is it more metaphysical? If it is a book, encryption is good, but I also recommend locks, traps and armed guards.

Second could we use Omar’s astrolabe to find a door to the complex? I’ve never read one before but supposedly they can predict doors.

Jacob: The likely response will be to lead in a small force and try to break Laroshen and Tiberius out. They are too large in number to attack directly.

Tobias: I believe the index is something more metaphysical, but I am unsure. As for the Astrolabe, if used properly, it will almost assuredly lead us to the door. Aside from that, the best way to find it is to just look for it.

FoD Staff

Robert-Sean HarleyRobert-Sean Harley
    Participant

I thought Laroshen was already able to leave by them? Or being tracked by them or something? There was something going on where he had to go back to them even though we found in in the door past the Nightmare Market. I don’t mind helping to look for the door, but I want to be sure that once we get there we know what to do to save them from the people holding them.

Unfortunately it’s going to take someone much smarter than me to figure that out Jacob. If you can find it that’s great, but I think our prime concern here is to stop the warehouse from being integrated into the complex.

FoD Staff

DirgeDirge
    Participant

I think it only fair to tell you all that I have had little on my mind since the vision I received from the Chalice of Bitter Delights; my concern for the Warehouse, Laroshen, and the Complex is minimal. There is a slight possibility that the two are intertwined. I shared my vision with Aiko, who conjured the divinatory liquid, and Tali, who could not tell me for certain what my visions pertained to. But the ancient terrestrial spirit, the Old Man of the Mountain, mentioned a phrase in the presence of those who paid him a visit the Gather before we ventured into the Nightmare Market, and it echoed a phrase spoken in the vision. I believe Akhtoshvati would have more to add; for now, I must focus my attention elsewhere.

The Famed, Witty, and Wonderful Bard

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.