Elothiomel the collector

Home Forums In-Play Forums The Message Tree Elothiomel the collector

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Robert-Sean HarleyRobert-Sean Harley
    Participant

We found out some stuff this gathering about this collector so I wented to make sure people knew about it.

Despite being Xenovia’s little brother he’s a capital C collector. So he can’t be killed without resolving him.

He’s got a horde of treasure.

He’s got a legion of ordinary people working for him. Some of them steal to make him happy and or just give all they can. Some of them are afraid of his wrath and give because of that.

He convinces them he is giving out this treasure but he is hording it for himself instead.

Participant

Wait, Xenovia has relatives?

How did you all run across this Collector?

Louise

Robert-Sean HarleyRobert-Sean Harley
    Participant

He showed up last gather looking for his missing tribute from the box. One of his minions also took back the Rock banner that was recovered.

Participant

He mentioned to me at an earlier gather that he is her elder brother by 5 minutes.

Priscilla WeberPriscilla Weber
    Participant

His followers believe genuinely that they are doing good deeds and helping others. Elothiomel has helped them to some degree out of a poor living situation, and they repay his “kindness” in turn by “paying it forward” and collecting donations for him to continue this process.

The activists that collect donations for their cause are protected to some degree by him. They turn these donations over to “Elders” who then deposit the donations in specified locations within the forest marked with his sigil. Anyone that removes items deemed as “his” are considered stealing his property.

-Aurelia

Khai

--------
    All posts before 8/1/19 are written by Aurelia, Former Lord Commander of the Duskwatch Legion, the last Soldier of the Dark Mountains

Participant

Wait, so he does help people in a charitable way? His followers, I mean?

This is new and interesting in a Collector.

-Louise

Participant

I’ve had a couple of opportunities to have reasonably civil conversations with Elothiomel, so I’ll chip in what I know that hasn’t already been mentioned here. Sorry if some of the is common knowledge, you never know what might help in resolving a Collector.
    -He calls himself Elothiomel the Grasping
    -He claims to be a collector rather than a Collector, but that’s pretty clearly a lie.
    -He has people who collect things for him, either by soliciting donations or flat out stealing them and leave them in boxes scattered around the Forest.
    -He is mad that we stole “his” boxes. Even though most of them aren’t labeled, many of them contain stolen property and some of that property was stolen from us. He seems to be particularly mad at Elias. As far as I know Elias is the only one he’s caught in the act.
    -He does help out some people, but it seems to be more about recruiting for his weird cult than charity. I got a bad feeling from his charity collectors. They seemed kind and genuinely trying to help, but there was something not-right about them.
    -His symbol is a hand with the fingers pointing down. Some of his boxes and followers are marked with it.
    -He only personally seems interested in stealing extremely rare or powerful things. His followers are less discerning.
    -He was able to disrupt my Crafting of Memory and contact me directly. I’d love to know how he did that.
    -He has a fancy key. I’ve heard its an artifact that can open any lock, but I’m not sure how reliable that information is.
    -He also created some sort of magical dye trap. It got blue all over Elias, but didn’t seem to have any actual mechanism.
    -He murdered Aktosh. He’s ok now thanks to Miraculous Cures.

Tobias

Participant

Should someone look into infiltrating the charity group?

Participant

Guys, seriously –

Compared to other Collectors we’ve dealt with (and I assure you this is one of them), Ethiomel the Grasper seems pretty easy to manage. As far as I can tell, “his” boxes are labeled with a symbol that looks a bit like a dunce cap. So, if you find one, you know, maybe don’t open it.

I know it is tempting to go poking at this guy, but how about maybe we hold off until our soul-bound situation is taken care of? I mean, I’m all for adventure and and redeeming Collectors and all, but this doesn’t seem like a great time to bring more heat down on us.

Infiltrating his followers won’t do us much good without a goal. If you want to neutralize this guy, you need to find out what his failing is and what the resolution is. I doubt a bunch of thieving cultists are going to be keen to share that kind of dirt even if they have it, which I almost guarantee they won’t.

If y’all are bound and determined to go poking at this guy right now (though, honestly, Xianovia is a way bigger threat, in my book. This guy steals stuff; she steals fucking thoughts), maybe try figuring out what his deal is. I’d suggest that someone begin researching this guy’s deal, rather than, you know, stealing his stuff or getting involved with his cult. Irritating him might get you or some of us killed, and that shit might be permanent, as for schmoozing with cultists, I’m sure you know what happens when you lie down with dogs.

– Inspector Geieresmythe

Participant

Oh, and Tobias – Collectors have some pretty weird defenses against scrutiny; we’ve seen that before though not exactly in this form. It is basically built into their makeup, as far as I can tell. Having him take over a Crafting of Memory isn’t actually particularly surprising, given what we’ve seen others do. When I was cursed by Mr. The Cruel, attempts to look directly into my curse were thwarted by the curse itself. This isn’t really that different. At least Elethiomel was polite about it.

DirgeDirge
    Participant

With all due respect, Inspector, the Collector in question seems much more interested in us than we were in him…at least, at first. Then he made a nuisance of himself during the Greater Working that ultimately destroyed an entire world. At some point that night he also killed Akhtosh. Your discretion is logical, even infallibly so…but this is Defiance. Revenge and bad decisions have wrought destruction upon a Collector before.

The Famed, Witty, and Wonderful Bard

Crane OdariCrane Odari
    Keymaster

I Wont try to Steal his stuff for Right Now but if I Find something that isnt Marked, be cant come around and say that was His anyway. However if he Walks into Town I’m going to hit him a Lot because he super-murdered Aktosh for No Reason. I’m not Dumb and I know that wont kill him Forever, but it will keep him from super-murdering Anyone Else right then.

He also sort of murdered Me too, but I had earned it pretty Good by shooting him in the Butt. I also shot one of his soldiers in the Butt when he was using that Magic Door. So I’m not Mad about that one.

(All posts pre 5.15.18 are from Clover Quickstrike)

Priscilla WeberPriscilla Weber
    Participant

He has punished Elias for others stealing from his drop boxes this past gather.

Khai

--------
    All posts before 8/1/19 are written by Aurelia, Former Lord Commander of the Duskwatch Legion, the last Soldier of the Dark Mountains

Participant

What happened?

– Louise

Crane OdariCrane Odari
    Keymaster

The Blue Hand Slap on Elias’ face started trying to Crush him because someone Stole a Collector Box. It wasn’t anyone in town, Even Me, because we are all Avoiding Them.

So basically Someone took one and Elias has to Pay for it, because a Big Whiny Blue Baby didn’t get his Tribute.

(All posts pre 5.15.18 are from Clover Quickstrike)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.